In order to remain compliant, safe, and up to date with industry standards, it is important to be aware of and adhere to the relevant requirements as laid out by Ausgrid and other service providers. In terms of the installation of cables and conduits using under road boring techniques, Ausgrid states: “All design work, and the associated supply of materials and equipment, must be undertaken in accordance with and consideration of relevant legislative and regulatory requirements, latest revision of Ausgrid’s Network Standards and specifications and Australian Standards”.
AV Drilling takes great pride in remaining educated and reliable in terms of adherence to these standards and generates the same ethos of training and skill creation within the parameters of our comprehensive Work Health and Safety Management System. “We put the safety of our staff, our clients, as well as the community first, and are aware of the importance of environmental sustainability by using eco-friendly additives that meet Australian Standards”.
General Requirements In Terms Of Design And Construction
For the purpose of transparency and shared expectations, we have outlined the most important considerations that may affect upcoming construction projects. Here are some of the standardised requirements:
- The designer must ensure that a site inspection and evaluation is done
- Where appropriate, geotechnical and contaminated land information is to be collected and reviewed
- Underbores will adhere to assigned specifications and be recorded appropriately
- Statutory approvals are to be obtained prior to the commencement of construction
- Cable routes shall be pegged out and marked as stipulated
- Carriageway crossings are to be perpendicular to the carriageway (unless otherwise approved) for the purpose of distribution cable installations – sub-transmission cables may differ
It is our mission to uphold these requirements and more.
Your Trusted Drilling Service Provider
At AV Drilling we are passionate about our workmanship and quality of services. To this end, our under road boring services adhere to the strictest standards. Speak to us to find out more by calling 1300 208 491. You can also choose to contact us online using our convenient contact form here.