When working on a project requiring an under road bore, Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) is a common method utilised. A trenchless technology, HDD uses surface-launched equipment to drill underground horizontally, often underneath roads and main crossings. As experts in drilling, boring and excavation, AV Drilling delivers world-class service to our clients using decades of industry experience and regulatory compliance protocols.
In order to ensure drilling safety, the following precautions should be taken:
- Maintain a safe work area at clearly marked or staked entry and exit drilling locations.
- Overhead power lines have been identified and marked.
- Client inductions are essential as well as completion of a site risk assessment, SWMS and plant operator checklists
- The site has an emergency action plan and a traffic control plan , both of which have been well communicated to protect workers, visitors and the public.
- The workers wear full PPE, including gloves, safety boots, hi-vis full length clothing,, and a hard hat.
- It is imperative that HDD machines are operated by skilled workers who are experiencedon the machines and know how to operate them safely.
The key advantage AV Drilling has in comparison to other providers is that the HDD rig is owner-operated, meaning the project is carried out and overseen by the director on every job site, every time. Routine training is carried out to ensure the operator and additional workers are up-to-date with the latest safety precautions and safety protocols of the client. This, along with working alongside other contractors, makes for an efficient and safe process.
AV Drilling is a top provider of a range of drilling and boring services in Australia, with vast experience on a multitude of different projects, including under road bore projects. With decades of industry experience and a keen eye for detail, we strive to deliver world-class service while adhering to strict health and safety protocols. To get in touch with AV Drilling or to get a quote, don’t hesitate to give us a call on 1300 208 491 or fill out our online form.